CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
A site for teachers to share creative ways to use technology in the classroom

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Rethinking How Students Learn: Evaluation of the Partnership of 21st Century Learning

As I reviewed the site fpr The Partnership for 21st Century, it became clear of the authors intent.  Rethinking how students learn.  The site is filled with technology lessons and comes complete with its own set of frameworks.  The visual pyramid reminds me of our tiering process already in place.  One skill that I just cannot seem to completely master on the Georgia CRCT is Information and Media Literacy.  This site has this covered, with lots of resources to combat research and information.  Although some of the links were no longer available, most were.  I also like the worksheets already pre-made to accompany each lesson. 

The website flowed fairly easy, although content was not easily displayed.  I had to click on every single word to find things.  I reviewed the subject matter and I was surprised to see the main subjects.  I was expecting the site to contain all technology based items.  One thing that was cumbersome for me was the category "Global Awareness".  It specifically listed Asia, North Carolina, and Wisconsin.  These were clearly represented, and I am curious why these each get their own categories in a "Global World".
As a contemporary educator, I realize that I need to be more mindset focused on technology lessons and creative ways to give my students the opportunity to use and understand technology. 

3 comments:

  1. http://www.blogger.com/comment-published.g?blogID=8552834105591988112

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a tough time agreeing with everything that the website stated, and with its layout. I think they are trying to be thorough about trying to provide more than enough websites, activities, and so on, I do not think items were clearly labeled or categorized. I too was also concerned about their terms about "Global Awareness", and the specified states you mentioned. Why aren't are states listed? Were you able to find any other details about why the three states have their own category?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently,there are many states that have joined the site. If yo scroll down to the bottom of the home page, at the very bottom, click on state initatives, then you will be redirected to another page that lists several states on the left side. Maybe the states listed in the frameworks were the first states to sign on?

    I agree, the overall layout of the website needs to be re-vamped and updated if the project expects more followers to participate.

    ReplyDelete